The Ohio State value
Five ways we're keeping a world-class education accessible
With opportunities around every corner to jumpstart your career and bolster your resume, Ohio State provides an exceptional return on your investment. But we don't stop there. See how we're working to keep costs down.
1. Financial aid
Ohio State awards millions of dollars annually in need- and merit-based financial aid.
To help students find more scholarship dollars — including local, national and Ohio State-specific awards — we’ve recently launched a scholarship matching tool,
Students with demonstrated financial need can be eligible for a wide range of additional aid options, including:
President’s Affordability Grant — provides up to $2,250 to more than 16,000 middle- and lower-income in-state undergraduate students on all campuses
Buckeye Opportunity Program — supports students from Ohio on all campuses who qualify for a Federal Pell Grant and covers their tuition and mandatory fees (90% of Pell recipients have an annual household income of $50,000 or less)
Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship — covers the whole cost of attendance for 176 students each year, with an effort to award two students from each Ohio county
About half the undergraduate degree recipients who began at Ohio State as freshmen graduated with no debt at all.
2. Multiple pathways to a degree
Not everyone follows a traditional path through Ohio State.
- Ohio residents can begin at our regional campuses.
- Students can transfer from other colleges.
- Military veterans are welcome to begin or continue their academic careers here.
- All students — especially those with busy schedules or home lives — can take advantage of our
online courses and degree paths.
The paths may be different, but the result is the same — the cherished Ohio State degree.
3. Tuition guarantee
The Ohio State Tuition Guarantee keeps in-state tuition, mandatory fees, and housing and dining rates
flat for four years for each incoming class of new first-year undergraduates on all campuses.
4. Summer discount
Undergraduate students can enjoy discounted summer tuition. In addition to the lower semester fee, taking summer courses can shorten the time to degree — reducing its overall cost!
5. Other affordability initiatives
Ohio State helps students save up to $1.9 million each year by:
- eliminating hundreds of course fees
- providing steep discounts on digital textbooks
- waiving costs when students take additional credit hours to complete their degrees
- extending in-state tuition to more military families